Management 2600
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Management 2600

accadis Management 2600 CourseSpring 2009

You are not connected. Please login or register

Break Out Activity #1 - Feedback

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Break Out Activity #1 - Feedback Empty Break Out Activity #1 - Feedback Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:59 am

Admin

Admin

Let's use this forum to discuss what you learned from our first Break Out Activity. It would be interesting to discuss not only what you learned about developing a concept - but your feedback on how the activity was structured. For example - the use of Google Docs - working at a distance, etc.

It would be neat to hear from people who used only "online" means to complete the activity with their group. Feedback - positive and negative appreciated!

https://management2600.forumieren.com

2Break Out Activity #1 - Feedback Empty Re: Break Out Activity #1 - Feedback Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:16 pm

Angie

Hi!

For me it was the first time realizing such an activity only from a distance.
And in my group, working with google docs went extremely well.
But of course we needed msn and the telephone to contact and coordinate each other,
otherwise it would not have worked. So google docs cannot replace simultaneous
communication while working in a group, but its a great tool that saves a lot of time.

Wish you all a nice weekend Smile

3Break Out Activity #1 - Feedback Empty viva skype Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:03 pm

cornelia

hi,
we had a skype conference in our group in order to complete the task and i have to say that it was pretty good! it saved a lot of time and nobody had to come to university just for that task... i think for such "small" tasks online mean are completely fine, but i doubt that for larger projects it will be just as effective...

have a great (hopefully sunny sunny ) weekend!

4Break Out Activity #1 - Feedback Empty There are ways to save time Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:11 pm

Admin

Admin

Thanks for posting. I was glad to hear that people are able to use pieces of technology (Skype, Google Docs) to try and simplify the work process. If this is only the beginning - what will group work look like 10 years from now? That might even be outside our current level of understanding.

cornelia wrote:hi,
we had a skype conference in our group in order to complete the task and i have to say that it was pretty good! it saved a lot of time and nobody had to come to university just for that task... i think for such "small" tasks online mean are completely fine, but i doubt that for larger projects it will be just as effective...

have a great (hopefully sunny sunny ) weekend!

https://management2600.forumieren.com

5Break Out Activity #1 - Feedback Empty Re: Break Out Activity #1 - Feedback Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:45 pm

cornelia

Admin wrote:If this is only the beginning - what will group work look like 10 years from now?

i think not only group work like we have at school will change in the future but also the business world will be affected (with serious economic side affects --> airlines, Deutsche Bahn etc.)!

but i agree that it is an enormous time saver and definitely an alternative for the usual face-to-face-meetings Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]