Management 2600
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Management 2600

accadis Management 2600 CourseSpring 2009

You are not connected. Please login or register

Feed the chat box to the Lions or let it live?

+6
bloodymary
Nikolai.Boehme
Stefan
Linda
cornelia
Admin
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin

Your opinions and comments are requested. What should we do to keep communication lines open during our webinars – Feed the chat box to the Lions or let it live?

Looking forward to figuring out a reasonable solution.

https://management2600.forumieren.com

2Feed the chat box to the Lions or let it live? Empty raise hands only! Thu May 07, 2009 3:26 pm

cornelia

i would suggest blocking the chat during the whole session and just turning it back on if someone has a question which can be indicated by klicking on the "raise hand" button...

Linda

I personally think that the chat box could be kept open during the webinars but people definitely have to follow rules. It is very hard to follow and listen if people tipe in comments all the time (sometimes also silly stuff) and it is distracting. But disabling the chat box completely has the disadvantage that one can not ask questions anymore. I think it would be even more chaotic if everybody would use the "raise hand" button then. Other opinions?!?!

Greetings

Stefan

I think that the chat box generally should be disable during the webinar. Also when applying the rule only to use the chat box in case of a question, this might fail because among 135 people joining the webinar you will always find people who are not willing to follow this rule.
Nevertheless the chat box could be opened at regular intervals to facilitate questions. Afterwards it can be closed again and the lecture could continue. Therefore everybody will be able to follow the content and questions wont remain unanswered.

Nikolai.Boehme

You can’t completely disable the chat. It is unfair for those who have a question.
What's about the raising hand function? I couldn’t remember that anyone used it so far. Maybe you should explain us that function again und what will happen when we push it.

6Feed the chat box to the Lions or let it live? Empty Raise hand function Thu May 07, 2009 8:13 pm

Admin

Admin

I think your hand will fall off if you push the button.....

Just kidding. Good comments so far and I agree that we need to have the ability to communicate in the classroom + the ability to do it in a courteous manner. If you think it's destracting for you to watch the chat fly in...... try to talk, and read all the weird comments coming through.

I will test out the raise hand function and see what happens. I may schedule a "test" webinar for Friday or Monday to see if we can also work with the web cam, microphone, etc. I'll get back to everyone on a possible "test". Keep the comments coming though.

Nikolai.Boehme

Admin wrote:I think your hand will fall off if you push the button.....

Hopefully there will be a superwoman on the spot with her cape.....tschiuuuu....and sew on my hand Razz

bloodymary

I'd also agree with using the raise hand function to post comments or to answer your questions. when there is a direct question about our opinions or something, you could say the name of the person raising his/her hand and only this person is allowed to write in the chat. that would be closest to the situation of a real classroom, I believe. It really was such a pity as there were about 20 people answering your questions at the same time, and most of it got lost because of the sheer amount of it. so very good comments might not be registered and only the ones who can type fastest or incidentally post their comment at last, so that it will be seen for a while. i think that this is quite discouraging, as you must always expect that your comment isn't noticed properly.

Manuel

I have got a slightly different opinion. I think the chat box is great Exclamation Of course 50% of the comments could be regarded as trash. Nevertheless the other 50% display a great variety of opinions concerning the questions. Neither "raising hands" nor disabling the chat box is the way to go No
Probably the enthusiasm of writing trash will fade away anyway in the next course... it won't be new anymore Wink

10Feed the chat box to the Lions or let it live? Empty Chatbox Wed May 13, 2009 5:27 pm

Angie

Hi, while I´m unable to follow the webinar due to the lost connection I´m posting something in here Wink

In my opinion the chat function is good, but...

even if everybody is playing within the rules it won´t work perfectly. The group of over hundred students is too big to follow all the comments. For the next trimester it would be better to make three or four groups and then it may work satisfactorily...

Bye (try again to log in)

Fabian

I think the webinar today worked fine except the technical problem Wink

There weren't many useless comments in the chatbox and I didn't have problems following the discussion. We can continue in this way. We shouldn't always act disabusing but try to ignore these trivial comments, they will disappear anyway after some time without someone giving respect to them.

Best regards

12Feed the chat box to the Lions or let it live? Empty Today was better Wed May 13, 2009 6:52 pm

Admin

Admin

I agree that today the chatbox was much better. Perhaps people were using the chat feature between themselves instead?

Anta

As you already said, the chad box function wasn't as misused as the week before. I think that we are all just (some kind of silly Wink ) young people that experienced this new kind of lecture and wanted to test out everything.
But I'm sure that the chat box function wil lose attractiveness with every lesson so that in the end only serous meant comments will be posted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum