Management 2600
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Management 2600

accadis Management 2600 CourseSpring 2009

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm my most creative when.......

+10
cornelia
Sebastian
Linda
theresa
Fabian
Stefan
Chris N.
Laura
Oliver
Admin
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I'm my most creative when....... Empty I'm my most creative when....... Wed May 27, 2009 4:32 am

Admin

Admin

You have all experienced student life enough to know that there are times when you are creative machines and times when you can hardly manage to blink your eyelids. Can you pinpoint when you are creative? What are your motivational strategies? Feel free to leave your ideas here......

https://management2600.forumieren.com

2I'm my most creative when....... Empty I'm my most creative when..... Wed May 27, 2009 4:33 am

Admin

Admin

I have a deadline. Give me a week and I'll wait until the last minute. Give me half a day and I can work magic. Don't forget to toss in a lot of coffee and a nice long walk......

3I'm my most creative when....... Empty Re: I'm my most creative when....... Wed May 27, 2009 1:57 pm

Oliver

I am most creative during the week when it's past midnight. I have to feel to be on my own, with little disturbance from outside.

Sometimes during these late hours I can even think and work better if I feel exhausted und hungry. I have experienced this mental state several times and so I was asking a friend of mine who studied psychology: This mental state, where you are very focused on what you do i scalled flow

copy and paste to your browser: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)

Did any one experience that too?

Kind regards,
Oliver

4I'm my most creative when....... Empty Leisure time Wed May 27, 2009 4:10 pm

Laura

Yes, really true Olli. I totally agree with you!

But I am also very creative in my leisure time! Ideas come playful in moments I really don't expect them to come. Most times they are even more creativ and weird. I mean weird in a positive way Wink

5I'm my most creative when....... Empty I am nearly to sleep Wed May 27, 2009 4:18 pm

Laura

...and what ALWAYS happens to me is that at the exact moment when I just went to bed, most creative ideas occurre to me. For that reason I try to write them down, before going to sleep.

Sleep

6I'm my most creative when....... Empty I'm most creative when... Wed May 27, 2009 4:24 pm

Chris N.

...i'm doing sports. Don't know if anyone experienced this but if you're totally drained your mind has the strangest ideas. cyclops

7I'm my most creative when....... Empty Oxygen??? Wed May 27, 2009 4:52 pm

Admin

Admin

I wonder if it has anything to do with Oxygen......the lack of it or the abundance of it. Any ideas?

8I'm my most creative when....... Empty Re: I'm my most creative when....... Wed May 27, 2009 10:33 pm

Stefan

I don't think that the sports phenomenon has something to do with abundance or lack of oxygen. I think it can be related to the fact that during sports nothing else is in our mind and we leave everything behind us. As we have heard in todays lecture too much constraints and I think also too much pressure are absolutely destructive for being creative.

I am usually most creative late at night as already described by Olli and Laura.

9I'm my most creative when....... Empty Re: I'm my most creative when....... Thu May 28, 2009 10:06 am

Fabian

I can't say that I'm creative at a certain hour, but it occurs to me more often, when I'm not concentrated on a specific topic. So I experience creative ideas when I'm shopping, driving oder even at partys. Maybe my mind can be creative at that time, because he is in "leisure time" mode Wink

10I'm my most creative when....... Empty I am doing sport... Thu May 28, 2009 2:04 pm

theresa

I totally agree to Chris, because I am most creative when I am jogging outside. So my mind is free and numerous ideas come to my mind.

11I'm my most creative when....... Empty Re: I'm my most creative when....... Thu May 28, 2009 2:42 pm

Linda

I am most creative when I listen to music, especially yoga music or anything else that is relaxing...my favourite is the noise of the sea (waves rushing) Smile then you feel like you sit on the beach and you can be very creative;)Wink

12I'm my most creative when....... Empty Re: I'm my most creative when....... Thu May 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Sebastian

My creativity is fostered when I am amongst people, for instance friends. While having funny and sometimes useless discussions, creative ideas come to my mind which would possibly not occure when I am alone, lying in bed or doing other things.

13I'm my most creative when....... Empty expect the unexpected! Sat May 30, 2009 10:20 am

cornelia

i am my most creative when i don't expect it Smile it may sound strange, but most of my creative ideas come when i'm not really thinking about it and doing something else... i think it's hard to tell your brain "be creative! NOW!" doesn't work for me Wink

14I'm my most creative when....... Empty Re: I'm my most creative when....... Sat May 30, 2009 1:40 pm

beatrice_braehler

When I think about creative moments in my lifetime I'm not able to see any simular circumstances, aside from haven't thought about the problem. Thus I totaly agree Cornelia, I'm most creative when I have leisure time, equal if I'm doing sports or enjoy time with friends for me it's important to get out of the normal way of think about the problem, because the solution is often closer than expected.

15I'm my most creative when....... Empty I´m most creative when... Sat May 30, 2009 2:38 pm

Saskia Reinemuth

As already described by the other students I totally agree that I am most creative when being on my own and trying to relax. However, I am not creative when having 2 weeks to relax. Mostly it´s at the weekends or in the evening after a stressful day or week.

16I'm my most creative when....... Empty I´m most creative when... Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:09 am

Manuel

Surprisingly my ideas come up when i start with really stupid ideas. Somekind of trashtalk with others can be the beginning of serious ideas. Probably it is good to have an environment that doesn't "control" ideas Exclamation Question

17I'm my most creative when....... Empty Re: I'm my most creative when....... Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:01 pm

bloodymary

I agree with most of what the others already said. ideas pop up when one's a some leisre. sometimes though, we have to be creative for a uni project, a gift ... and have some time constraints, usually only a few days or even hours. what works for me (not always though!) is getting inspiration by having a close look for example at a room and its contents like furniture, decoration... and letting the thoughts flow by and new ideas come to mind, combining and trying to work something out. lately, my rubber duckies brought me some nice ideas afro

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum