Management 2600
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Management 2600

accadis Management 2600 CourseSpring 2009

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this innovation? Or creative marketing? or something else?

+3
DR
Linda
Admin
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin

There are so many creative things going on, on YouTube. YouTube was probably never intended to support such great causes. Is this a form of innovation, creative marketing or in a category all by itself?

I'm very interested to read your discussions

Playing for Change: Stand by Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us-TVg40ExM

https://management2600.forumieren.com

Linda

I think that youtoube can be definitely called an innovation. Youtoube is used by a multitude of users, who benefit from the possibility to upload or watch videos. I personally do not know any program where you could did these things before. Youtoube enabled persons from all over the world to participate and therefore created a successful platform that is easy to handle.
Other opinions?!?!?

Greetings from Linda

DR

I do agree with Linda in the points she mentioned.
As we have seen in the nearer past YouTube is not only a platform a multitde of users uses to communicate but also a platform to find new talents in every field of life, e.g. singing or dancing or drumming on guitars (look at Andy McKee). Through Youtube a whole lot of people was and will be able to present their individual talents and skills. And often enough people with such skills were discovered and could profit from Youtube as a free broadcasting platform in the way they got famous in net and reality. In that way YouTube is also becoming the largest talent pool of the world - and with this a business related platform.

The only really bad thing about youtube is that really everyone can upload everything...which leads to a flood of data noone can handle or (in a large number of cases) is interested in.

Greets

4Is this innovation? Or creative marketing?  or something else? Empty Innovation Tue May 05, 2009 9:57 am

littlebuddha

I do share the same view with Linda and DR.
According to the dictionary, 'Innovation' is defined as followed.

1. N-COUNT
An innovation is a new thing or a new method of doing something.

2. N-UNCOUNT
Innovation is the introduction of new ideas, methods, or things.

It definitely is a new platform for interaction of idea, image, skills and fantasies. Even a place, where information could be exchanged.

It makes the most out of the technical benefit of internet. It is an innovation, which does not know its limit for now. ^^

5Is this innovation? Or creative marketing?  or something else? Empty Definition of Innovation Tue May 05, 2009 1:35 pm

Admin

Admin

Thanks for posting the definition(s) of innovation. What's interesting to notice is that very rarely are "innovative things" actually something completely new to the world. They are usually the exception. Innovation mostly arises from the re-designing of old ideas or products. Nothing wrong with this. It's interesting though that we are often lead to believe that innovation only comes from super geniuses or mad scientists who come up with a new "robot",operating system, etc.

Do these images keep people from attempting to be creative?

https://management2600.forumieren.com

6Is this innovation? Or creative marketing?  or something else? Empty Difference Tue May 05, 2009 2:07 pm

littlebuddha

The same rule of uncertainty might apply to innovation as well.

People want to make difference..but mostly a difference is rather unaccepted as vice versa.

Maybe due to this reason, people are not wiiling to reveal their ideas or concepts to the world.

It is well known that simple people can also create grea things. However, people are not sure to introduce a 'weird' thing to the world only to be laughed at.

It was dream for the mankind to fly and soar like a bird. Those who have tried to fly were mostly ignored or considered to be crazy. However, some were 'stubborn' enought to stick to their dreams and now the airplane is one of the greatest innovation of mankind, which later lead to landing on the moon.

I would say, if there is a will, there is a way..^^

Oliver

Hi everybody,

Youtube is a combination of an (1) old idea, plus a (2) new technology.

(1)
The old idea about youtube is to exchange Videos (for fun, business purpose, or misc.), Music (many users simple post just one picture with a whole song) and thoughts.

These concepts are no innovations: People did share music (napster), videos (via an FTP or kazaa, or else) and thoughts (chatrooms, etc.) via Internet before Youtube.

(2)
The internet improved a lot the last years. The latest "wave" was called "web 2.0" which overall means that now everybody is enabled to do blogs, to "twitter", upload files or videos just by doing some little klicks and ...comment on nearly everything. Before the days of "web 2.0" these abilities where up to webmasters or people that are really used to the internet. For example my father: Did he knew how to get his videos from Camera on his website? (he had now clue about compression rates^^) No he didn't.

So, in the end I have to say: No, Youtube is not an innavotion itself, because the idea AND the technology was not invented by the creators. But, it is the best working combination of those two and has a large number of users.

What is Youtube?

Youtube itself: A web 2.0 based Community-Video-Blog

For the creators/owners: A video blog to raise a large number of users to gain money through advertisements and Premium users.

For the people, us: everything we intend it to be, e.g. entertainment, news channel, free tv/music plattform, business communication, ...

Kind regards,

Oliver

8Is this innovation? Or creative marketing?  or something else? Empty Innovation = hidden ideas? Wed May 06, 2009 2:05 pm

Cara

Generally, it is right to say that we believe that innovation only comes from super geniuses or mad scientists. Nevertheless, I would also like to add another interesting point on this matter and maybe present a different perspective.

I have learnt in past marketing courses that innovation is not something new that we create or develop. Innovation rather means that this 'idea' is something that already exists in life but has not been discovered yet by us.

For example, we always knew that we use YouTube to post videos about whatever we feel people should see, right?
However, to post a video of yourself showing your talent (singing, dancing or whatever it may be) and therefore be able to attract some kind of managers who may want to offer you a contract (this actually happened to Esmee, who posted videos of herself singing and actually got a contract with Justin Timberlake now) was in this case a new innovation!! However, important to mention is now, that this person who started doing this did not INVENT this idea but DISCOVERED this hidden idea, as the 'idea' or possibility of posting your talent-videos was always there once YouTube was established. But to use those videos to advertise for yourself was new!
Are innovations really only something for super genuises or is everbody able to create innovations? I think, everybody is capable of doing so.What a Face You just have to discover those hidden ideas which will get more complicated over time since most of those hidden ideas have been discovered already.

Stephanie

Hi!
I think the perspective Cara introduced is really interesting. It may be right that the ideas have been there before, we just have not yet discovered them. I think this is a perspective that can also motivate people to be creative and to try to discover such an idea. It can also help them to keep searching and not to give up as there has to be ideas that are not yet discovered.

I think that it's not about geniuses or mad people to create innovations, I think that it is about the ability of people to hold on or to stick to their ideas. A person who is strong about his opinions and confident in what he or she does, this person is to discover innovations more than persons who don't believe in their own ideas as much. So it is not about being mad or geniuses but about having an ability to hold on even to the most strange ideas.
What do you think about that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum