Management 2600
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Management 2600

accadis Management 2600 CourseSpring 2009

You are not connected. Please login or register

“I believe that technology will advance so far in my lifetime that ____________ will be possible.”

+10
DR
Manuel
Angie
Saskia Reinemuth
beatrice_braehler
Anta
cornelia
Christian Eibach
Erik
Admin
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin

What do you think is technologically possible in your lifetime? What things do you expect - but that are not yet within our grasp of understanding?

“I believe that technology will advance so far in my lifetime that ____________ will be possible.”

https://management2600.forumieren.com

2“I believe that technology will advance so far in my lifetime that ____________ will be possible.” Empty The Jetsons Thu May 14, 2009 10:15 pm

Admin

Admin

I'll start the forum out with more of an example of how fast things change.....

When I was a child, one of my favorite shows was "The Jetsons". The story was about a family that lived in the future. They had flying cars, lived in a house that looked like the Seattle Spaceneedle and had a robot. George Jetson the father worked for a company - where his boss would beam in on a television screen. I always believed that much of this was complete science fiction - although many of the ideas in the show are today a reality.

Same goes for Star Trek. Have a peek at Capt. Kirk's phone.... if that doesn't look like a modern day cell phone - I don't know what does.

3“I believe that technology will advance so far in my lifetime that ____________ will be possible.” Empty Immortality Fri May 15, 2009 12:03 pm

Erik

I hope that within our lifetime we will see the day when we don't need to die anymore and can just live forever. Not everyone appreciates this thought but I do!

4“I believe that technology will advance so far in my lifetime that ____________ will be possible.” Empty Beam Fri May 15, 2009 12:15 pm

Christian Eibach

In my opinion it would be great if we can beam us from one place to another. So we can save a lot of time and use our time for more useful tasks than driving car.

5“I believe that technology will advance so far in my lifetime that ____________ will be possible.” Empty Beam me up Scotty Fri May 15, 2009 1:58 pm

Admin

Admin

I also like the idea of being beamed around to places. That would be really neat - although I wonder what that would mean to personal security? Could I just beam myself into President Obama's living room? I suppose they'd have to create some kind of a firewall against "stalkers"

6“I believe that technology will advance so far in my lifetime that ____________ will be possible.” Empty medical research Fri May 15, 2009 3:47 pm

cornelia

I hope that within our lifetime we will see the day when we don't need to die anymore and can just live forever. Not everyone appreciates this thought but I do!

i don't Wink
but i hope that medical research will develop that far in the future that it will be possible to heal all kinds of diseases like cancer etc.

Anta

cornelia wrote:

i don't Wink
but i hope that medical research will develop that far in the future that it will be possible to heal all kinds of diseases like cancer etc.

I totally agree with you, Cornelia.
But, don't understand me wrong... I think there would upcome new problems if nobody would die by deseases any more. I think many deseases are some kind of "natural selection". Nature needs to regulate the number of people living on earth. Even nowadays, there already are too many people living on this planet. For this reason, environmental desasters increase. Now imagine, nobody would die from deseases. On the one hand (especially for the families) this would be great, but on the other hand many new economic as well as environmental problems would upcome.

beatrice_braehler

Even though I agree with Cornelia and Anta I think the disscuison about "old" deseases like cancer etc. doesn't lead to an end, because I'm convinced that cancer won't be a problem in the future. I'm sure that there will be a medicament to destroy the sufferness. But also I'm also sure nature will create new deseases out of our new technology to have a "natural selction".
Therefore I think we should focus on the technology and lifestyle when we try to create a picture of the "new" world.

9“I believe that technology will advance so far in my lifetime that ____________ will be possible.” Empty Back to natural resources Sun May 17, 2009 1:50 pm

Saskia Reinemuth

What I believe will develop during my lifetime is a trend that´s going back to natural resources. As you can already see today is that people tend to build their houses with more awareness of the nature. In addition to that they take care of what they eat and so on. However, I am also of the opinion that technology will develop to an extent that´s not yet imaginable. To conclude, I think that natural and ecological awareness as well as technological development will be the trends of the future.

10“I believe that technology will advance so far in my lifetime that ____________ will be possible.” Empty I believe... Sun May 17, 2009 8:53 pm

Angie

...that technology will advance so far in my lifetime that the beginnings of a universal communicator/translater will be possible. Just to bring in the Trekkie-Dimension again Wink Being able to understand everyone like he/she was using your own language while he/she speaks his/her own seems good to me.

Manuel

Honestly agricultural technology would benefit most to mankind. Nowadays there are so many inventions, but we are not able to feed the entire population.

Nevertheless, new transportation technologies would be great. Something that avoids traffic jams and horrible subway rides.

DR

Very nice and interesting video!
I do agree with what was posted so far, especially the development of health care. I personally hope that the research in robotics will reach a point that most hard work could be done by them, so that humanity could turn into a real science community.

Jannik

I hope that researchers will develop technologies that prevent the destruction of the environment. That would be the best outcome I can imagine although improved health care would also be ok. In deed immortality should not be an aim as it would stop any further progress.

14“I believe that technology will advance so far in my lifetime that ____________ will be possible.” Empty Current technology Tue May 19, 2009 2:27 pm

Laura

In my opinion it would be great if we can beam us from one place to another. So we can save a lot of time and use our time for more useful tasks than driving car.

I like the idea of beaming a lot. The time saving factor is a really important aspect with which everyone has to deal their hole life. Unfortunatley most physicist think that beaming is impossible, because the molecules don't know how to position themselves to form the right figure. In their opinion for example, an apple would look not like an apple anymore after beaming. My most ardent desire were fulfilled if they can fix this issue Very Happy

However I found my favourite technology mix for the month. Never again out of bed Wink

Oliver

Honestly agricultural technology would benefit most to mankind. Nowadays there are so many inventions, but we are not able to feed the entire population.

I don't think so:

To the first half of your sentence, please google "Monsanto" ...and thats just one of them. A lot about Monsanto could be seen on the News the last years and month.

To the second half: There is enough food. But a bad distribution.

I think I am going to fly by car the next 20 years! cheers

Nikolai.Boehme

Relating to the topic movies, I believe that a lot of inventions shown in movies will sooner or later go on to reality. E.g. the Audi cars in "iRobot" or the cars in "Minority Report". The idea that cars drive by their own would be conceivable.

I've also seen the video Manuel posted. How can it be that a person will have 10 to 14 jobs??????? Suspect confused Question scratch
I've often heard that Americans have 2 or 3 jobs, but 10 to 14 is clearly exaggerated. The day has only 24 hours minus 5 or 6 hours sleep.
You're not 2 hours at work and then leave to enter the other work.

Anta

Jannik wrote:I hope that researchers will develop technologies that prevent the destruction of the environment. That would be the best outcome I can imagine although improved health care would also be ok.

Exactly Exclamation

18“I believe that technology will advance so far in my lifetime that ____________ will be possible.” Empty Michio Kaku Wed May 27, 2009 4:14 am

Admin

Admin

If you are into looking at the future from many different angles, go to YouTube and do a search on Michio Kaku. The man talks about everything from future cars, to time travel, aliens and robots. He's a guru for all kinds of topics and you might find him interesting

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]